Workshop date and time is Friday, January 10, 2020 from 1:30 – 2:30PM US Eastern Time. You can listen by phone or stream this program online. Dr. Jeffrey Matous from the Colorado Blood Cancer Institute, and Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, NP with National Institutes of Health, will address key topics important to caregivers. There is no cost, but you must pre-register. Register online here(link is external) or by calling the CancerCare HopeLine at 1-800-813-4673. After you have registered, you will receive additional information with connection instructions and other details.
CancerCare is the leading national organization in the U.S. providing free, professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical and financial challenges of cancer. This educational program is IWMF’s 6th collaboration with CancerCare in bringing these empowering forums to you.
The Workshop will cover:
- Taking on the Role of Caregiving
- Caring for Your Loved One with Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia
- What’s New in the Treatment of WM
- Tips on Working with the Health Care Team to Manage Your Loved One’s Symptoms, Side Effects & Peripheral Neuropathy
- Barriers to Adherence: Weekends, Holidays, Vacations, Special Occasions & Birthdays
- Managing Family, Friends & Traditions
- Long Distance Caregiving
- Self-Care Stress Management Tips for Caregivers
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
For details and information about Continuing Education Credits, please see the Connect Education Workshop brochure(link is external).