On Wednesday, June 27 from 1:30-2:30PM EST (USA), you can participate in this educational workshop online or by phone. The program is free, but you must register to participate. This will be the fourth collaboration between IWMF and CancerCare in a Connect® Education Workshop on WM. IWMF’s valued partnership with CancerCare makes bringing these informative and important programs to you possible.
You can either call in and listen or stream live via the internet from wherever you may be in the world. Participants can register online for this program at www.cancercare.org/connect(link is external) or by calling the CancerCare Hopeline at 1-800-813-4673. After you have registered, you will receive additional information with connection instructions and other details.
If you are unable to tune in, the workshop will be recorded and available for future streaming online at both websites.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Overview of Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia
- Symptoms & Signs
- Front Line Treatment for WM
- Treatment for Relapsed/Refractory WM
- Standard of Care & New Treatment Approaches
- Translating Genomic Findings into New Treatment Opportunities
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- Symptom & Side Effect Management, including Reducing Complications
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Follow-Up Care & Quality of Life
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
For U.S. medical social workers and dietitians, this workshop may qualify for U.S. Continuing Education Credits. To request applicable paperwork, please email your name and license type to [email protected](link sends e-mail) after participating in the live workshop. Credit is not available for recordings of past workshops at this time.
The IWMF is pleased to partner with CancerCare in another CancerCare Connect® Education Workshop on WM. We hope that you will take advantage of the opportunity to hear from leading experts in WM from the convenience of your home or office.
Please be sure to register and tune in!