- This event has passed.
LRF Southwest Lymphoma Workshop – Understanding Lymphoma Basics and Current Treatment Options
September 11, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 5:30 pm EDT
VIRTUAL – Lymphoma Workshop: Understanding Lymphoma Basics and Current Treatment Options
DATE: Saturday, September 11, 2021
TIME: 9:00 AM MT – 3:30 PM MT
VIRTUAL PROGRAM – This is a virtual event, only accessible online. Access instructions will be provided before event date.
About The Workshop
The Lymphoma Research Foundation’s Lymphoma Workshop provides the latest information about lymphoma, current treatment options and support issues to members of the lymphoma community across the United States. The Southwest Lymphoma Workshop is the premier patient education and networking forum in the region.
Loretta Nastoupil, MD
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Daniel O. Persky, MD
The University of Arizona Cancer Center
Reasons to Attend
- Learn about your specific type of lymphoma, treatment options, clinical trials and novel concepts during the comprehensive disease-specific breakout sessions.
- Hear a variety of presentations and have your specific questions answered from our expert speaking faculty comprised of lymphoma specialists and patient support experts.
9:00 AM Explore vFairs Space and Exhibit Hall
9:30 AM Welcome and LRF Overview
9:45 AM Understanding a Lymphoma Diagnosis
• Rick Hagemeister, MD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
10:45 AM Networking Lounge and Exhibit Hall
11:00 AM Breakout Sessions: Biology and Treatment Options
• Aggressive B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas – Daniel O. Perksy, MD, The University of Arizona Cancer Center
• Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia/Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (CLL/SLL)– Speaker TBA
• Follicular Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Marginal Zone Lymphoma – Loretta Nastoupil, MD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
• Hodgkin Lymphoma – Speaker TBA
• Mantle Cell Lymphoma – Speaker TBA
• T-Cell Lymphomas (AITL, ALCL and CTCL) – Speaker TBA
• Waldenström Macroglobulinemia – Sheeba Thomas, MD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
12:00 PM Networking Lounge and Exhibit Hall
12:15 PM Mindfulness and Meditation
• Krisstina Gowin, DO, The University of Arizona Cancer Center
1:15 PM Networking Lounge and Exhibit Hall
1:30 PM Immunotherapy and CAR T Cell Therapy – Speaker TBA
2:30 PM Breakout Sessions: Relapsed / Refractory
• CLL/SLL – Speaker TBA
• DLBCL – Speaker TBA
• Follicular – Javier Munoz, MD, Mayo Clinic
• Mantle Cell – Muhammad Husnain, MD, The University of Arizona Cancer Center
3:30 PM Workshop Concludes
To Register – Register Online Here
VIRTUAL PROGRAM – This is a virtual event, only accessible online. Access instructions will be provided after registration. This program will be accessible for up to a month following the event so please register even if you cannot attend the day of the live event.
For additional information, please contact a member of our Lymphoma Helpline staff at [email protected] or (800) 500-9976.
This program is for patients and survivors, caregivers and program supporters. If you are a pharmaceutical industry professional that is interested in attending but your company is not listed as a sponsor, please email [email protected] to learn more about sponsorship.
Disclaimer: The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) is a national nonprofit organization based in the United States with educational programs and resources are intended for a US-based audience. These program and resources address available lymphoma treatments in the United States. and information on drug approvals by the US Food and Drug Administration.
For individuals outside of the US, LRF recommends the Lymphoma Coalition at www.lymphomacoalition.org. The Lymphoma Coalition is a global network of worldwide nonprofit/NGO lymphoma patient organizations with information appropriate for non US-based audiences.